New ANC Members of Parliament sworn in today
27 January 2021
The African National Congress in Parliament welcomes the appointment of five new members to fill vacancies in the National Assembly. These vacancies arose from the passing on of ANC MPs, namely; Cde Dr. Pumza Dyantyi, Cde Adv Loyiso Mpumlwana, Cde Nomvuzo Shabalala, Cde Nombulelo Hermans and Minister in the Presidency Cde Jackson Mthembu.
The five comrades who have been deployed in the National Assembly are;
- Dingaan Jacob Myolwa from the Eastern Cape to replace Cde Pumza Dyantyi.
- Kavilan Pillay from KwaZulu-Natal to replace Cde Loyiso Mpumlwana.
- Nkosinathi Emmanuel Dlamini from KwaZulu-Natal to replace Cde Nomvuzo Shabalala.
- Ponani Petunia Makhubele from Limpopo to replace Cde Nombulelo Hermans.
- Xiaomei Havard from Gauteng, to replace Cde Jackson Mthembu.
The new Members of Parliament were sworn-in earlier this afternoon in a Hybrid swearing-in ceremony by the Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly, Lechesa Tsenoli.
The Chief Whip and ANC MP Cde Faiez Jacobs welcomed and wished them well in this strategic deployment aimed at strengthening Caucus in Parliament.
As the ANC in Parliament, we have full confidence that they will serve the people of South Africa with distinction.
Issued by the Office of the Chief Whip, Hon. Pemmy Majodina
For more information, contact Nomfanelo Kota
Acting Caucus Spokesperson on 067 415 1089