Motion on the passing on of Former SABC Group CEO Solly Mokoetle
The African National Congress moves without notice: That the House
1) notes with sadness the passing on of former South African Broadcasting Corporation Group CEO, Solly Mokoetle, on Saturday, 16th November 2019;
2) recalls that Mokwetle is a liberation struggle veteran who was trained in the field of Communications with a focus on Broadcasting up to Masters level;
3) further recalls that he started working for the public broadcaster in 1993 as a Senior General Manager for Radio and later became Chief Operations Officer (COO) and Group Chief Executive Officer (GCEO);
4) understands that following his departure from the public broadcaster, he joined the Department of Communications to further play an important role in the development of the industry;
5) believes that his contribution to the SABC and the communication industry will serve as his legacy; and
6) conveys its condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.