MOTION ON FREE STATE MINING DAM WALL BURST
The African National Congress moves without notice: That the House
- notes wish sadness the passing on of three people after the mining dam burst its banks – flooding parts of Jagersfontein in Free State on Sunday, 11 September 2022;
- further notes that forty people have since been taken to hospital after sustaining injuries, while four people have been confirmed to be missing;
- understands that homes and vehicles were swept away, people were displaced and others lost property;
- commends the government of the Free State for responding in time and coordinated the multi-disciplinary teams consisting of the South African Police Service, emergency medical services, health, disaster management, social development, search and rescue personnel and engineers who offered services; and
- conveys condolences to the family of the deceased and wishes all the injured persons a speedy recovery.