Motion on Dr Sipho Kabane appointed Registrar of Council for Medical Schemes
The African National Congress moves without notice: That the House
1) notes that on Tuesday 26 February Dr Sipho Kabane has been formally appointed chief executive officer and registrar of the Council for Medical Schemes after acting in the position for a year;
2) recalls that the Council for Medical Schemes is an autonomous statutory body created by parliament to regulate medical schemes in South Africa;
3) understands that the entity had its work cut for itself to ensure that the interests of the members of medical schemes are protected and had a big role to play in the country's transition to the provision of universal health cover for all;
4) believes that the appointment of Dr Kabane will bring stability to the organisation; and
5) congratulates him on his new position of responsibility.