Motion on death of State Lawyer Tswaledi Webster Sekwati
The African National Congress moves without notice: That the House
- notes with sadness the tragic death of a well-known partially-sighted state attorney Mr Tswaledi Webster Sekwati; date?
- further notes that Mr Sekwati who was dressed in legal robes, carrying a leather briefcase and guiding himself with his white stick was doing his usual morning walk at 7am when he was knocked down by a minibus taxi and was killed him;
- acknowledges that Mr Sekwati was regarded as the quintessential public servant during his tenure at the department of Justice and Constitutional Development, who immersed himself in the country's justice system with great aplomb;
- further acknowledges that his 25 years of public service established himself as a formidable reservoir of legal knowledge;
- believes he was truly a remarkable South African whose visual impairment was never an obstacle as he rose above it to become an impeccable public servant; and
- conveys its condolences to the family, friends and colleagues whom Mr Sekwati shared his life with.