Motion congratulating Judge Lumka Tshiqi and Stevan Majiedt as Judges of the Constitutional Court
The African National Congress moves without notice: That the House
- welcomes the appointment of Judge Zukisa Laura Lumka Tshiqi and Judge Stevan Arnold Majiedt as Judges of the Constitutional Court with effect from 1 October 2019;
- notes notes that the President made the appointments after consulting the Chief Justice of the Republic of South Africa and the leaders of the parties represented in the National Assembly;
- also notes that President Ramaphosa appointed Judges Tshiqi and Majiedt from a list of five nominees which was prepared by the Judicial Services Commission;
- recognises that Judge Tshiqi holds a B Proc degree and a Postgraduate Diploma in Labour Law, and Judge Majiedt holds the BA Law and LLB degrees from the University of the Western Cape;
- believes that the combined experience of both Justice Tshiqi and Majiedt , will further enrich jurisprudence and play pivotal roles at the Constitutional Court; and
- wishes Judge Zukisa Laura Lumka Tshiqi and Judge Stevan Arnold Majiedt much success in their new positions.