Motion on Africa Investment Forum November 2019
The African National Congress moves without notice: That the House
1) welcomes the African Development Bank's Africa Investment Forum, held in Johannesburg on the 11-13 November 2019;
2) acknowledges that delegates from the continent and around the world gathered to listen to Presidents Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa, Paul Kagame of Rwanda, Nana Akufo-Addo of Ghana and Prime Minister Agostinho do Rosario of Mozambique;
3) further acknowledges that discussions focused on the theme "Invest in Africa's Space: Conversation with African Heads of State";
4) understands that President Cyril Ramaphosa identified infrastructure, energy, manufacturing and tourism as the sectors where most investment opportunities exist in South Africa;
5) further understands that all Presidents agreed that continuing governance issues needed to be addressed, such as political stability, security and conflict, and most importantly, that Africa is better placed than ever for investment; and
6) calls for more secured investment interests in 2019 when compared to 2018, where deals valued at $38.7 billion were secured.