MOTION ON HIS EXCELLENCY KENYA’S PRESIDENT-ELECT DR WILLIAM RUTO
The African National Congress moves without notice: That the House
- notes that Kenya’s Supreme Court upheld the recent election win of President-elect Dr William Ruto on Monday, 5 September 2022, unanimously dismissing claims by petitioners that the vote was rigged;
- further notes that the seven-judge court ruled that results of the August 9 2022 presidential election were valid under the constitution and electoral law;
- welcomes the statement by former Prime Minister and competitor, Honourable Raila Odinga that he would respect the court’s ruling;
- acknowledges the peaceful election process that the Kenyan people engaged in to ensure a credible outcome; and
- congratulates His Excellency, Dr William Ruto on his victory on becoming the fifth president of the republic of Kenya and wishes him much fortitude as he works to build a united and prosperous Kenya.