The First ANC Caucus meeting for the 6th Parliament
21 May 2019
The ANC Parliamentary Caucus met for the first time today in this 6th Term of the Democratic Parliament. The meeting was convened by the National Office Bearers (NOBs) of the ANC to welcome the newly elected public representatives and to communicate the decision of the National Executive Committee (NEC) on the leadership of Caucus and the Executive leadership of Parliament.
The new leadership who will lead the institution after being duly elected by both houses of Parliament are as follows:
- Speaker of the National Assembly: Comrade Thandi Modise
- Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly: Comrade Lechesa Tsenoli
- Chairperson of the National Council of Provinces: Comrade Amos Masondo
- Deputy Chairperson of the National Council of Provinces: Comrade Silvia Lucas
- Chief Whip of the National Council of Provinces: Comrade Seiso Joel Mohai
- House Chairperson: Committees, Oversight, Information Communication and Technology: Comrade Nomvula Mokonyane
The ANC Caucus will be led by the following comrades during this 6th Term of Parliament:
- Chief Whip of the Majority Party: Comrade Pamela “Pemmy” Majodina
- Deputy Chief Whip of the Majority Party: Comrade Doris Dlakude
- Chairperson of Caucus: Comrade Seiso Joel Mohai
The Secretary General of the ANC, comrade Ace Magashule also announced the comrades who will be nominating the Speaker, Deputy Speaker and the President of the Republic when the National Assembly convenes for the first time on Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
The President-elect, comrade Cyril Ramaphosa will be nominated by the ANC Chief Whip, comrade Pamela “Pemmy” Mojodina and seconded by comrade Derek Hanekom. The Speaker of the National Assembly will be nominated by comrade Dr Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma and seconded by comrade Madala Ntombela. The Deputy Speaker will be nominated by comrade Alvin Botes and seconded by comrade Dr Zweli Mkhize.
All members of the National Assembly will be sworn in tomorrow (Wednesday, 22 May 2019) and the members of the National Council of Provinces will be sworn in on Thursday 23 May 2019.
Issued by the Office of the ANC Chief Whip, comrade Pamela “Pemmy” Majodina.