Condolence Motion on the passing on of a rising Idol Star Thami Shobede
The African National Congress moves without notice: That the House
- notes with sadness the untimely death of the artist and Idols SA runner- up, Mr Thami Shobede at Kalafong Hospital in Atteridgeville, Pretoria on Thursday, 12 September 2019;
- further notes that Mr Thami Shobede came second in the 2016 Idols SA contest;
- understands that Mr Shobede was admitted in hospital after collapsing when performing on stage about a week ago;
- also understands that he was a very talented musician with lots still to offer to the music industry;
- believes that his unique velvet voice had captured many and he will be greatly missed by his fans and the music industry; and
- conveys its condolences to his family and friends and the entertainment industry at large.