ANC PARLIAMENTARY CAUCUS
SENIOR RESEARCHER (Office of the Chief Whip)
Applications are invited from suitable candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience for the following positions: Senior Researcher (Salary: An all‐inclusive salary package at Level 12 per annum – R584, 513.94 p. a)
- A master’s degree or equivalent research experience;
- A minimum of five years as a senior researcher;
- Grounded knowledge of ANC policies, ideology, theory, procedures, strategies and programmes;
- Developed articulation, conceptual, analytical and critique skills;
- A sound grasp of epistemology and ontology as applied to political research methodology;
- A good understanding of the Legislative arm of the State and its functions;
- Ability to interpret policy;
- Ability to interpret legislation;
- Sound protocol and diplomacy skills;
- Ability to work within the structures, systems and processes of the ANC, Caucus and Parliament;
- Excellent written command of English and highly developed writing skills and political writing skills;
- Good organisational, time management and project management skills;
- Ability to work in a collective and take decisions collectively;
- Sound research presentation skills;
- A sound combination of qualitative and quantitative research skills;
- The ability to work long, irregular hours and under extreme time pressure; and
- Proven established ANC membership in good standing.
- Contributes to the development of ideological, theoretical and conceptual clarity within the Office of the Chief Whip;
- Compiles in-depth political research to inform the processing of legislation;
- Produces various high quality, advanced research documents;
- Presents research to relevant audiences;
- Oversees and manages all research projects within the Office of the Chief Whip;
- Assists in the crafting of problem statements, research questions and terms of reference.
- Provides strategic policy research on legislation and policy before Parliament for the Office of the Chief Whip
- Draft analysis, critiques, briefing documents and speech assistance for Members, Office of the Chief Whip, clusters ,study groups and NEC sub committees where asked.
- Provides strategic qualitative research support to the Office of the Chief Whip and NEC sub committees;
- Develops a research strategy on a five-year cycle with annual review for the Office of the Chief Whip;
- Carries out research work as delegated by the Office of the Chief Whip;
- Works in a collective;
- Maintains the highest level of protocol and diplomacy; and
- Ensures that confidential information is handled appropriately.
Only applications that meet the above criteria will be considered.
The ANC Parliamentary Caucus reserves the right not to make an appointment. Interested applicants should submit by email a covering letter, comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications, ID and proof of ANC membership (membership form) to:
Head of Human Resources Management Unit: Thandi Ngubane
Old Assembly Building
ANC Parliamentary Caucus
P O Box 15
Cape Town 8000
Enquiries: Siphokazi Mbete 082858 3300
Deadline for submissions: 17:00 on 18 August 2020.
Late applications will not be considered.