ANC mourns passing of MP Cde Phindile Mmola
19 July 2020
The African National Congress (ANC) in Parliament mourns the sad passing of ANC MP Comrade Martha Phindile Mmola, who passed away yesterday, Saturday 18 July 2020, on the day that the world was celebrating Mandela Day.
Cde Mmola was currently serving as a member of parliament in the National Council of Provinces (NCOP) deployed to Parliament's committee on Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs.
Cde Mmola first became a Member at National Assembly from 7th May 2014 until 7th May 2019, serving in the Portfolio Committee on Police.
Her track record includes:
- 2000 - 2001: ANC Branch Secretary -Ward 19
- 2015 - 2016: ANC Additional Member Govan Mbeki Sub-Region
- 2014: Zonal Election Coordinator: Govan Mbeki Sub- Region
- 2016 - 2017: ANC Regional Executive Member: Gert Sibande Region
- 2016: Head of Mobilisation Team: Local Government Election (Govan Mbeki Sub-Region)
A servant of the people, Cde Mmola served the ANC and South Africa with diligence and she was passionate and stood firmly against Gender-based Violence and femicide, a pandemic that continues to plague our country.
The ANC has lost a formidable leader who strived to see transformation in South Africa.
We pass our heartfelt condolences to her friends and family.
Issued by the Office of the Chief Whip