ANC Caucus welcomes new members of Parliament
15 June 2019
The African National Congress in Parliament will be welcoming five new members to fill vacancies in the National Assembly. These vacancies arose from the recent resignations of former Minister of Energy comrade Jeff Radebe, former Minister of Home Affairs comrade Dr Siyabonga Cwele, former Minister for Women in the Presidency comrade Bathabile Dlamini, former Minister of Tourism comrade Derek Hanekom and former Minister of Labour comrade Mildred Oliphant.
The five comrades who will take up seats in the National Assembly are as follows:
- Comrade Alexandra Beukes will replace comrade Dr Siyabonga Cwele.
- Comrade Kebby Maphatsoe will replace comrade Jeff Radebe.
- Comrade Zanele Nkomo will replace comrade Bathabile Dlamini.
- Comrade Wilma Newhoudt-Druchen will replace comrade Derek Hanekom.
- Comrade Matthew Wolmarans will replace comrade Mildred Oliphant.
The ANC in Parliament welcomes these new members and we have full confidence that they will serve the people of South Africa with absolute distinction. The swearing-in ceremony will take place on Tuesday, 18 June 2019, at 15h00 in Parliament.
We also extend our gratitude to the comrades who resigned from Parliament for their diligent service to the ANC and to the people of South Africa. We look forward to working with them in the future as they have indicated their willingness to continue serving the ANC and the country in other capacities. We wish them well.
Issued by the Office of the ANC Chief Whip, comrade Pemmy Majodina.